Bala Cynwyd, PA
Bicycle Accident Lawyer Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Accident Lawyer
Bicyle Accident Claims
When bicycles get into accidents with automobiles, it’s scary. According to the the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 698 bicyclists died in 2007 and over 90% of bicyclists killed on US roads die in crashes with motor vehicles.
For victims choose a strong Bicycle accident attorney Pennsylvania who will be on your side whenever needed.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a bicycle accident involving a motor vehicle, Murphy & Pressentin bicycle accidentlawyers understand that you need to focus on recovery or mourning your loss.
While you do this, let the experienced professional bicycle accident and injury lawyers at Murphy & Pressentin focus on your case. We’re experienced at getting professional quality documentation for your case including photos, police reports, eyewitness testimony and other important evidence that will be extremely important to the success of your case.
Here is a list of Do’s and Don’ts if you or a loved one has been hit by a motor vehicle while riding a bicycle:
- Document, document, document. If you are able, it’s important that you wait for police to arrive at the bicycle accident scene so that they can take and file a police report – even if you think you are not injured. Take pictures of your injuries, the bike, the bicycle accident scene and other vehicles. Ask for the name of the automobile driver, as well as his or her address, phone number, driver’s license number, vehicle license number, and insurance information. In addition, try to get the contact information for everyone who witnessed the bicycle accident. If you are injured and are unable to do this yourself, ask a bystander to do this for you.
- Hire an experienced personal injury lawyer.The Murphy & Pressentin’s Bicycle accident attorney madison wi is experienced at getting professional quality documentation for your case including photos, witness interviews and police reports. It is absolutely critical that documentation is done the right way so that if or when you walk into a courtroom you have the best possible information. By letting us get this documentation for you as soon as possible after your accident, you will be more likely to get a settlement for your bicycle accident later. We will focus on your case so that you are able to focus on recovery or grieving over the loss of your loved one(s).
- Preserve Evidence. Leave your bike and other damaged property in the same state as after the accident – Don’t attempt to fix anything or have anything inspected. Don’t wash your clothing. And Don’t send your bike, helmet, or any other equipment to any one other than your attorney.
- Don’t be in a hurry to talk to the other side’s insurance company. There’s no reason for you to be in a rush to tell your story. You should speak with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer before speaking with any insurance company.
- Don’t be in a hurry to talk to the other side’s insurance company. There’s no reason for you to be in a rush to tell your story. You should speak with an experienced bicycle accident lawyer before speaking with any insurance company.
- Don’t be in a rush to fix your bike until you can document the damage. Don’t forget that you’re entitled to compensation for a lot of things. A bicyclist is entitled to a new helmet every time they whack that helmet on the ground. It doesn’t matter if There’s only a scratch on it. A person needs a new helmet because the integrity of the helmet has been compromised.