Bala Cynwyd, PA
ATV Accident Lawyer Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Vehicle Accident Attorney
All-terrain vehicles (ATVs) are either three or four-wheeled motorized vehicles used in recreational and work related activities. ATVs are often used for off-roading or natural riding conditions. In many ways, these vehicles are ideal for recreation, rescue efforts, and quick, easy transportation in off-road areas.
Unfortunately however, over 6,000 fatalities occurred from injuries associated with ATVs in the last two decades, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). In 2001, 467 people were killed in ATV accidents. In 2002, 113,900 people went to the emergency room with ATV-related injuries, and tragically, the CPSC estimates that at least 30% of all the people involved in ATV accidents are children.
Many ATVs can go as fast as 55 mph and can weigh as heavy as a quarter ton. Heavier, stronger and faster ATVs are causing a dramatic rise in ATV accidents. While safe and responsible operation of ATVs is possible and many practice these techniques, deaths and injuries continue to rise, especially in children and young people who ride ATVs recreationally.
If you or a loved one has been in an accident involving a atv accident, we understand your need to focus on recovery or mourning your loss.
While you do this, let the experienced professionals at Murphy & Pressentin focus on your case. We understand the regulations and unique characteristics of ATVs and know how to get quality documentation for these types of cases. Properly acquired photos, police reports, eyewitness testimonies and other important pieces of evidence are extremely important to the success of your case.
Contact Murphy & Pressentin to discuss your case and to schedule an initial consultation.
Here is a list of Do’s and Dont’s if you or a loved one has been involved in an accident involving an ATV:
- Document, document, document. Collect the names and addresses of the drivers, passengers and registered owners. Collect. Take pictures of your injuries, the bike, the accident scene and other vehicles. Or better yet, hire a lawyer and have them take the pictures for you.
- Hire an experienced personal injury lawyer. It is absolutely critical that documentation is done the right way so that if or when you walk into a courtroom you have the best possible information. By letting the professional personal injury lawyers at Murphy & Pressentin get this documentation for you as soon as possible after your accident, you will be more likely to get a settlement later. We will focus on your case so that you are able to focus on recovery or grieving over the loss of your loved one(s).
- Don’t be in a hurry to talk to the other side’s insurance company. There’s no reason for you to be in a rush to tell your story. You should speak with an experienced ATV accident lawyer before speaking with any insurance company.
- Don’t wait to speak with a accident lawyer and a doctor. Find an experienced ATV accident lawyer as soon as possible after your ATV accident.
- Don’t sign any release forms. We can’t emphasize this enough. If you do not fully understand what the papers are about, do not put your name on them. Once you settle your case, you won’t be able to get anything else.