Boating Accident Attorney Madison Wi
Madison, Wisconsin Watercraft Lawyer
Boating Accident Claims
Boating can be enjoyable, but a lot of people misjudge the hazards and potential risks that come with recreational boating. Approximately 5,000 boating accidents were reported in 2008 alone according to the U.S. Coast Guard. Unfortunately, 779 of these accidents caused death, 3331 injuries were sustained, and incurred more than $54 million dollars in damages.
At Murphy and Pressentin in Madison, WI we are knowledgeable and skilled in researching factors related to boating accidents. If you are the victim of a boating accident, our boating accident lawyers can support your claim. We offer an experienced understanding of boating injury laws. Every boating accident case is unique, often with complicated legal and safety concerns, and each case warrants detailed work from a professional legal team. Recovering from damages is especially difficult and the stress of making a claim can seem overwhelming. At Murphy and Pressentin, protecting your rights to compensation lightens the load. Our experienced Madison, WI personal injury lawyers get the job done for you so you can concentrate on your recovery.
We Want to Prevent Boating Accidents
When you’re having fun on the water, please keep in mind that safety comes first and to drive carefully. A few guidelines for safe boating practices are listed below.
- Stay cautious of weather – Unexpected wind changes, choppy water and lightening may be warnings that a storm is coming. Take a portable radio with you to keep informed of weather reports.
- Take extra items you might need – A first aid kit, sun tan lotions, sunglasses, flashlight, additional batteries, matches and a map or location device.
- Inform someone – Tell them where you’ll be, who you are with, and when you expect to be back
- Test and test again – Be sure to inspect your boat, equipment, boat stability, engine function and fuel level before departing.
- Be able to swim – The most import skill to stay safe involving water recreation is to learn to swim.
- Stay away from alcohol – Boating and alcohol are not a good mix. People should never operate a boat impaired. Alcohol affects your judgment, vision, dexterity and balance. More than half of drowning incidents are due to outings with alcohol involved.
- Check labels – Life jackets should be Coast Guard approved for everyone on the boat.
Call Murphy and Pressentin in Madison, WI for a free boating accident consultation today at 866-281-9559.